HAVOCMAMA

TRISTAN















FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
#193 Homemade Guacamole
Thursday 20 November 2014



It's exams period, which you know, sucks. It's the only time when I feel my worse, when I feel life has no meaning and I just want to curl up in bed, hibernate and wait for it to be over. Okay, I exaggerate just a tad. Doesn't help that the weather has been perfect for sleeping in recently. Still, I do my best to drag my ass out of bed and sort of study. I'm just thankful I have no final exams in my last semester and that I got all my modules in the last bidding window.

I took some time to de-stress and made guacamole. In case you've never stumbled across any tutorial online before, here are a few easy steps you can take to make our own guacamole. 

Ingredients

3 Avocados 
1 Lime
2 Shallots
1 Tomato
Parsley (or Cilantro)
Salt

Instructions

1) Scoop out the flesh from the avocados and smash it until you get a smooth consistency
2) Finely chop up as much parsley as you desire
3) Finely chop up the shallots
4) Dice and de-seed the tomato
5) Combine everything and add in the juice of 1 lime
6) Season with salt

Now of course you can modify this however you like. You can omit the parsley if you can't stand the taste. You can skip de-seeding the tomato if its too much of a hassle. I personally recommend doing so to avoid an overly watery guacamole. You can add more shallots, more tomatoes, add some chili to spice things up etc. I added a scoop of miracle whip (which you can find at your local supermarkets) because I wanted a hint of sweetness in my guacamole. And you can eat it with whatever you want - chips, poached eggs, carrot sticks; whatever tickles your fancy. I hope this was useful for whoever actually reads this space, ha-ha. Going to sleep soon before another day of mugging commences tomorrow.

XOXO, T.

Labels: , ,


written at 22:55